Open staff positions are generally not posted, but applications are accepted at any time. Once a vacancy has occurred, the department head, supervisor or director will consider all qualified applicants. Interviews will follow based on skills, qualifications and references of the prospective employee as provided on their individual application. All applications are kept on file for six months. Download the staff application and return completed applications to:
The Resident Director (RD) position is in an upperclassmen female residence hall effective for the Fall 2019 semester. It is a professional live-in position in conjunction with other responsibilities in Student Development. The Resident Director will have a two (2) bedroom apartment within the residence hall. The position is part-time, 20 hours a week.
The RD is responsible to facilitate the physical, spiritual, intellectual, and social development of residents and Resident Assistants and support the mission of Ouachita Baptist University, the Office of Student Development, and the Residence Life department. The Resident Director reports directly to the Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life and is responsible for the supervision of Resident Assistants (RAs) assigned to their residential facility.
- Participate in the leadership of staff team comprised of 1-3 RDs and 3-11 RAs.
- Supervise and facilitate the responsibilities of 3-5 RAs through weekly individual meetings.
- Meet weekly with Resident Director staff for planning, information sharing, and support.
- Meet regularly with the Dean of Students for further training, advising, and support.
- Cultivate a residence hall environment that fosters community through caring relationships, service to others, and mutual encouragement and accountability.
- Develop relationships with students and help them grow holistically.
- Hold RA’s accountable to their job description through ongoing feedback and performance reviews.
- Advise students and staff who have concerns, making referrals to campus resources as appropriate.
- Communicate and enforce University policies and guidelines, reporting incidents as necessary.
- Plan and implement personal and professional goals at the beginning of each year.
- Participate in RD and RA training at the beginning of each semester.
- Participate in the RA selection process.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Supervise move-in and move-out, paperwork, collection of keys, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- In conjunction with RA staff, conduct safety inspections as needed.
- Communicate regularly with Facilities Management, Office of Safety and Emergency Management, and campus vendors regarding any needs of the hall, especially safety concerns.
- Abide by Residence Life dates and weekend off schedule, as coordinated by the Dean of Students.
- Document and facilitate minor conduct infractions that occur in the residence hall
- Be active in the lives of the students by attending chapel, events, and programs throughout the year
- Evidence of Christian character and commitment
- Communication, leadership, and management skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Applicants with student development experience will be given first consideration
- On or off-campus jobs are permitted only with direct prior approval of the Dean of Students.
All interested persons should complete an application of employment and submit to:
Mr. Rickey Rogers
Dean of Students
OBU Box 3758
Arkadelphia, AR 71998-0001
Review of applications will begin on April 10, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date of employment is July 1, 2019.