Applications for staff positions at Ouachita Baptist University are always accepted. Once a vacancy has occurred, the department head, supervisor or director will consider all qualified applicants. Interviews will follow based on skills, qualifications and references of the prospective employee as provided on their individual application. All applications are kept on file for six months. Download the staff application and return completed applications to:
410 Ouachita Street, OBU Box 3772
Arkadelphia, AR 71998-0001
Employment Opportunities – Staff
Ouachita Graduate and Professional Studies Program Coordinator
Ouachita’s Graduate Program Coordinator is a shared position with responsibilities including Registrar, Enrollment, and Financial Aid duties for the university’s graduate and professional studies programs. The position reports directly to the Associate VP of Graduate and Professional Studies and coordinates activities regularly with the Registrar and Associate VP of Student Financial Services (SFS).
This is a full-time, 12-month, contract position requiring approximately 40 hours per week. The regular weekly schedule will be Monday to Friday from 8 – 5 with a one-hour lunch break.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Enrollment and Admissions-related functions for all graduate students –
- Manage application processing and coordinate the admission decision-making process with graduate program directors
- Transcript evaluation
- Ensure the integration of automated and personal communications throughout the admissions process
- Admittance to the graduate program
- Facilitate relationships with campus partners and graduate school organizations to explore systems and practices improvements
Financial-aid related functions for all graduate students –
- Partner with SFS and Associate VP of SFS in the awarding and coordination of financial aid for all graduate students
- Ensure a high degree of alignment among Marketing, Enrollment, and SFS teams through clear, frequent, and open communication. Identify and address any process and communication gaps.
- Prepare and maintain graduate program financial aid policies and procedure manual
- Manage and track financial aid budgets for graduate programs
- Maintain knowledge and compliance guidelines for all aid programs related to graduate studies
Registrar related functions for all graduate students-
- Partner with the Registrar’s office to maintain official academic records, ensuring the security and integrity of student records in accordance with FERPA regulations.
- Supervise the coordination, evaluation and certification of graduation applications.
- Verifies with the Registrar’s office the candidates eligible for graduation.
- Assist the Associate VP for Graduate and Professional Studies as needed with coordination and communication among the GPS office, program directors, deans, and Academic Affairs Office.
- Assist with preparation of annual reports, assessment data, program review, and other documentation of GPS program effectiveness.
- Assist the Associate VP for Graduate and Professional Studies and graduate program directors with recruiting efforts.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Commitment to the Christian mission of Ouachita Baptist University
- Excellent technical skills
- Superior written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty, and students
- Financial Aid experience
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
Interested individuals should submit the Ouachita Baptist University staff application, a current resume, and a letter of interest to:
Human Resources Office
RE: Graduate and Professional Studies Program Coordinator
OBU Box 3772
Ouachita Baptist University
Arkadelphia, AR 71998
Expected Start: January, 2020