Director of the Worship Studies Program
Chair of the Department of Worship Arts
Director of Online Learning Initiatives for OBU
Dr. Rob Hewell
- D.Min.: San Francisco Theological Seminary, San Anselmo, CA
- M.C.M.: Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX
- B.M.E. : Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX
Dr. Hewell joined the faculty in 2001. Prior to coming to OBU he was on the staff
of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, and served congregations full-time in Kansas,
Nebraska, and Louisiana. Since moving to Arkansas, he has served numerous congregations
as interim music minister.
Dr. Hewell is also a Resident Fellow and Professor of Worship at B.H. Carroll Theological Institute, and a columnist for EthicsDaily.com.
- Online Learning Consortium
- Quality Matters (Online Course Design)
- Ancient-Future Faith Network
- Evangelical Theological Society
- International Council of Ethnodoxologists
- Southern Baptist Church Music Conference (past president)
"Putting an Upside-Down World Right-Side Up" on EthicsDaily.com; July 14, 2014.
"Your Church Doesn't Need Government Approval to Fulfill Mission" on EthicsDaily.com; February 27, 2014.
"9 Observations about Danger of Civil Religion" EthicsDaily.com; July 16, 2013.
Worship Beyond Nationalism: Practicing the Reign of God . Eugene, OR.: Wipf & Stock, 2012.
“Faithful Worship.” In The Minister’s Manual: The Minister’s Complete Sourcebook 2010. Edited by Lee McGlone. Jossey-Bass, 2009.
“Foolishness: How Art That ‘Makes Sense’ May Miss the Point.” In Connections: The Journal of the WEA Mission Commission; Vol. 9, No. 2-3, 2010.
♦ Full Curriculum vitae