Professor of Christian Ministries
Dr. William C. Viser
- Ouachita Baptist University, B.A., Psychology and Religion (Double Major), 1970
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Master of Divinity (Emphasis-Pastoral Counseling), 1973
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Master of Arts (Emphasis-Marital Therapy), 1975
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ph.D. (Emphasis-Marriage and Family Therapy), 1978
- Further study, Henderson State University, 2000
- Southern School of Hypnosis, 2003
Baptist Marriage and Family Counseling Center, Ft. Worth, Texas, 1975-1978
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Clinical), 1978 to present
- Licensed Professional Counselor, P9411027, Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling, 11/97 to present
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, M9711036, Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling, 11/97 to present
- Advanced Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, A-215, Arkansas Substance Abuse Certification Board, 12/99 to present
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor, 0004, Arkansas Board of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors, 6/01 to present
- National Board of Certified Counselors, 37254, National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc., 4/95 to present
- American Red Cross Certified Disaster Mental Health Services I, 5/02
- Southern Schools of Hypnosis- Master Hypnotherapist, 8/03
- American Association for Christian Counselors
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Arkansas Counseling Association
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- National Council on Sexual Addiction/ The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
- Southwest Arkansas Counselors Association
- Rotary-Multiple Paul Harris Fellow
- National Guild of Hypnotherapy
Living Hope Hospital of Texarkana
801 Arkansas Blvd.
Texarkana, AR 71854
Baptist Medical Center
3050 Twin Rivers Dr.
Arkadelphia, AR 71923
A Psychological Profile of Missionary Children in College and the Relationship of Intense Group Therapy to Weekly Group Therapy in the Treatment of Personality Problems as Reflected by the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. Unpublished dissertation, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1978.
Dr. Viser is currently working on a manuscript dealing with the addictive nature of internet pornography and its effects on children, adolescents, young adults, adults, and marriage and family.
It’s Ok to be an MK, Broadman Press, 1986.
The Darkness Among Us: A Look at the Sinister Growth of the Occult and How Dangerously Close It Is To You, Broadman-Holman Press, 1995. Published in Indonesia.
Various State Baptist News Magazines
The Baptist Program
Living with Teenagers
- Dr. Viser is the father of two children, Ryan and Lauren.
- Dr. Viser enjoys traveling overseas with his wife Susan and his family, playing with his Labrador retriever, Gracie, gardening, movies, and reading.