skip to main content

The Elrod Center Facility

The Elrod Center relocated to its current site, on the corner of 6th and Cherry Streets in May of 2015. It's just across the street from the EC's old facility, the W.P. Malone House. An open house and dedication service was held on Thursday, June 11, 2015. You can view construction pictures and follow the Elrod Center on Facebook.

Project Details

  • The two-story, 5,200 sq. ft. facility includes two large meeting rooms for campus and community programs, a conference room and several staff offices as well as a reception area and kitchen facilities.
  • The $1 million project is funded through more than $800,000 in gifts from individual donors and a $210,000 challenge grant from the J.E. & L.E. Mabee Foundation.
  • Irwin Seale of Seale Construction was the general contractor, and Lewis Architects Engineers designed the building. 


About the Mabee Foundation

The J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation, a private charitable foundation established in 1948, aids Christian religious organizations, charitable organizations, institutions of higher learning, hospitals and other charitable organizations.

“The Mabee Foundation has again demonstrated their generosity and unfailing support for the mission of Ouachita,” noted Ian Cosh, OBU vice president for community and international engagement. “It is a compliment to the Mabee Foundation that they will be supporting a structure on campus that will be a doorway to community service. As a foundation, they represent what it means to serve generously and sacrificially in order to empower others to serve in like manner.”

Next Steps

Top