The Missionary-in-Residence couple will be invited to attend community development staff meetings held each week at the Elrod Center under the direction of Ian Cosh, vice president for community and international engagement and coordinator of Ouachita's MIR program. The MIR will have an office in the Campus Ministries suite. Day-to-day ministry tasks and opportunities will be assigned by the director of campus ministries. The university understands that each Missionary-in-Residence couple possesses unique interests and abilities. Ouachita Baptist University desires that the MIR's unique characteristics be effectively matched with the changing needs of the university. Normally, decisions on the resident missionaries are made as far in advance as possible. Appointments are made by the president of the university based upon recommendation of the vice president for community and international engagement.
About the Program
The position of Missionary-in-Residence at Ouachita Baptist University is designed to give additional support to and maximum utilization of Southern Baptist international missionaries while on stateside assignment. The program is designed to provide a residence for missionary families and also to utilize the talents and abilities of both husband and wife (if married) in a university setting that would encourage international missions participation. If you are interested, please fill out the MIR Application Form.
- Being generally available for individual counseling with students interested in missions.
- Ministering to international students and children of missionaries on campus.
- Hosting and participating in social and educational sessions for students and MKs at agreed intervals.
- Participating in events planned for faculty and staff as fully as possible. Informal interaction with faculty, students and staff is encouraged whenever possible.
- Those with teaching credentials may request to be considered for an adjunct teaching assignment.
The MIR house is a furnished, three bedroom/two bathroom residence within walking distance of the campus.
Location: 204 North 7th Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71923.