International Photography Competition
Sponsored by Members of the Friends of the Grant Center
The purpose of this competition is to highlight student talent and provide visual resources needed to tell the story of Ouachita’s international travel opportunities.
The entries will be displayed at the annual International Food Festival on February 20, 2018, and the winning entry will be put on display for one year.
- Up to 2 digital photographs may be submitted by each individual, and there is no entry fee.
- The photography must include people (OBU students and/or natives of a country visited) either in small groups or individuals. Pictures should capture the culture or landscape of that country, as well as communicate the spirit of Ouachita’s mission. The picture must be international in nature and must be original work taken on location.
- Submission must include the contestant’s name and the name of the country where the picture was taken.
- The university may use the photos for its purposes without remuneration to the photographer. The university may also use the photos in various ways including (but not limited to) websites, brochures, newsletters, The Ouachita Circle, The Signal, public relations, Facebook, news releases, Friends of the and other promotional material.
- The deadline for submission is February 9th. All submissions must be on a portable electronic media device (CD, DVD, flash drive, etc.) and submitted to Dr. Wesley Kluck, OBU Box 3753. You may also submit entries 2-5 MB through //www.wetransfer.com> to email@example.com.
- A panel of OBU staff and alumni with photography experience will serve as judges and will make the selection of winners.
- 1st place: $250
- 2nd place: $150
- 3rd place: $75