The library’s licensed electronic resources (databases and e-journals) are available to current students, faculty, and staff.
When off-campus using a non-OBU network, access to these resources is provided through a proxy server. To connect, you must use the proxy-enabled links on the library’s web site.
1. From home or some other off-campus location, go to the library web site.
2. Click on a licensed resource. An OBU login page will display.
3. Enter your OBU username and password (same ones used to log in to OBU e-mail account). The system will connect to the resource.
4. To access another licensed resource, use the browser’s back arrow to navigate to it. Click on the resource.
5. To end the proxy session, close your browser. Inactivity for two hours will also end a session.
Item Linking in Course Documents and Moodle
Links to licensed resources in course documentation and on Moodle must connect to the library’s proxy server. Contact the periodicals librarian for assistance with creating proxy-enabled links.
If you have problems with off-campus access, make sure your browser software is up-to-date and able to accept cookies. Also, confirm that your network firewall settings allow access to the library’s web site.
For technical assistance, call IT Services at 870-245-5567 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.