Ouachita’s Office of Communications & Marketing fields all media inquiries, advertising opportunities and photo and logo requests for the university. Throughout the academic year, it produces hundreds of news stories, press releases and feature articles that tell the Ouachita story. Its graphic services division seeks to build a strong visual identity for the university through quality and consistent design work.
Location: 410 Ouachita St., Arkadelphia, AR 71998
Phone: 1-800-DIAL-OBU or (870) 245-5110
Four-year private liberal arts university
Affiliated with the Arkansas Baptist State Convention
Enrollment averages 1,500 (54% female, 46% male)
Room and Board: $4,000
Total Semester Costs: $17,950
Students Receiving Financial Aid: 98%
[costs above listed per semester for 2018-19 academic year]
Ouachita Baptist University was first accredited by the Higher Learning Commission in 1927 and has held continuous accreditation since 1953.
Ouachita is home to seven academic schools in addition to its School of Interdisciplinary Studies:
- Frank D. Hickingbotham School of Business
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Chesley and Elizabeth Pruet School of Christian Studies
- Michael D. Huckabee School of Education
Teacher Education Program accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- School of Fine Arts
Division of Music accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- School of Humanities
- J.D. Patterson School of Natural Sciences
Didactic Dietetic Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- W.H. Sutton School of Social Sciences
The university is a member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Consortium for Global Education (CGE)
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU)
- Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Great American Conference (GAC)
- International Association of Baptist Colleges and Universities (IABCU)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA, Division II)
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
Ouachita has earned the following rankings and honors:
- Ranked nationally among U.S. News‘ top tier of “Best National Liberal Arts Colleges” since 2012.
- Ranked nationally by U.S. News among “A+ Schools for B Students.”
- Ranked nationally among “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes magazine.
- Ranked as the top private university in Arkansas by Niche.com.
- Named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for three consecutive years.
- Named among the nation’s top “Military Friendly Schools” by Victory Media.
- One of a select number of colleges and universities nationwide chosen to participate in the Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s prestigious National Genomics Research Initiative.
- Ranked on StudentAdvisor.com’s inaugural list of Top 100 Social Media Colleges.
Meet Our Staff
Assistant to the President for Communications & Marketing
Zimny has served since 2019 as assistant to the president for communications and marketing, serving previously from 2015-2018 as director of communications and marketing and from 2008-2014 as assistant director of communications. A 2008 summa cum laude Ouachita grad in English and mass communications, she served as student director of the news bureau her senior year. Upon graduation, Zimny completed Columbia University’s Columbia Publishing Course before returning to begin her full-time position at Ouachita. She completed a Master of Arts degree in corporate and non-profit communication from Johns Hopkins University in 2014.
Lile Hall, Room 238
OBU Box 3761
Graphic Design Coordinator
Carozza has served since June 2018 as graphic design coordinator at Ouachita. A native from Texarkana, she is a Henderson State University grad where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in art with an emphasis in graphic design. She has over 17 years of experience in graphic design, including work for Bogard Press, Leisure Arts and numerous freelance clients. Since 2010, Carozza and her sister-in-law, Melissa Adams Carozza (OBU ’98) have co-owned DancePraize, a faith-based dance studio in Arkadelphia. Ashley and husband, Marc (OBU ’00), are the parents of Carly, Carson and Carter.
Lile Hall, Room 236
OBU Box 3761
Moreno has served since October 2018 as editorial coordinator at Ouachita. A 2016 summa cum laude Ouachita graduate in mass communications, she worked for Ouachita’s Office of Communications, Office of Development and Speer Writing Center while a student. Upon graduation, she served as a member of the communications team at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention in Little Rock, leading their social media, blog and newsletter strategies.
Lile Hall, Room 229
OBU Box 3761
Pickett has served since 2018 as recruitment communications coordinator, a shared position between the offices of Communications and Admissions Counseling. She is a 2011 graduate of Williams Baptist College with a major in business administration and a minor in religion. She earned her Master of Divinity degree from McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University in 2015. Pickett worked as an admissions counselor at Williams Baptist College before serving as the director of communications at The Baptist Church of Beaufort in Beaufort, South Carolina. She also has freelance coordinated social media and communications for individuals and non-profit organizations.
Lile Hall, Room 237
OBU Box 3761
Digital Media Coordinator
Rosenthal has served since 2019 as digital media coordinator, previously serving from 2016-2018 as digital content coordinator. Originally from Little Rock, he is a 2015 Ouachita grad in mass communications. Previously, he served as the social media manager for a Little Rock advertising agency, leading their social media and blog strategy, content creation, community management, paid promotions and analytics for many local and national clients. Also a freelance photographer, Rosenthal’s work has won numerous awards and has been featured in such publications as Trendy Bride Magazine and National Geographic.
Lile Hall, Room 233
OBU Box 3761