An important part of Ouachita's education experience is living on campus. Although living on campus is highly encouraged, students may request an exception by completing a Request for Exception to Non-University Housing Policy form. **The form itself may be requested from the Student Development Office. Providing misinformation for application will result in the loss of off-campus housing privileges and possible disciplinary action up to suspension from the university.
In order to live off campus in non-university housing, one of the following conditions must apply:
- They are living with a parent/guardian and commute daily from that residence
- They are given special permission by the Off-Campus Housing Exceptions Committee to live off-campus (granted only in unusual circumstances)
- They are 23 years old or older
- They have completed eight regular semesters of residence hall life.
Requests must be submitted to the Student Development Office by the following dates*:
- Spring semester - November 1st
- Fall semester - March 1st
*Requests submitted after the dates indicated may not be considered until the following semester.