New Student Move-In Information
FRIDAY, August 20, 2021
Resident Directors, Resident Assistants and WOW (new student orientation) leaders will be available to welcome you to your new home away from home and assist you as you move in your belongings. More details about move-in will be posted soon.
Football // Saturday, August 7, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Men's & Women's Soccer // Friday, August 13, 1-4 p.m.
Volleyball // Saturday, August 14, 1-4 p.m.
Cheer Team // Sunday, August 15, 1-4 p.m.
Band // Monday, August 16, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Men's & Women's Track & Cross-Country // Thursday, August 19, 1-4 p.m.
What dates are move-in?
New student move-in is Friday, August 20 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
How do I sign up for move-in appointment times?
Appointments are scheduled in time blocks on each day at specific times and are specific to each residence hall or apartment complex. It’s important that you arrive during your chosen time so that we can minimize the number of people moving through the residence halls at once.
Locate your specific Residence Hall and follow these directions:
- Click on the name of your residence hall or apartment complex
- Select one of the available timeslots for your preferred day and time.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Additional information pertaining to your residence hall or apartment complex will be coming from your Resident Director or Apartment Manager within the next few weeks with specifics for the day of check-in.
Freshman Residence Halls
Upperclassmen Residence Halls
Where is Elrod Blvd.?
Elrod Blvd. is the main entrance to Ouachita’s campus. All new student move-in traffic must enter the campus here to help us manage traffic. We dropped a pin! https://goo.gl/maps/c3HAoCsBVfRfg1a19
N 10th St, Arkadelphia, AR 71923
Is wearing a mask required?
No. Ouachita’s campus is currently open with no COVID restrictions.
How will I know where/who my RD is when I get to my dorm?
New students will receive instructions at checkpoints along the move-in route. RD’s will welcome students in the lobby of their building.
Where should we stay if we are from out of state the night before move-in?
A list of local hotel and restaurant options is available at obu.edu/area.
Will the campus store be open?
Yes. The Ouachita Campus Store located in Evans Student Center will be open in the lower level of Evans Student Center from ?
Where should we park after I’ve moved in?
All vehicles will be required to move out of the residence hall parking lots when you are unloaded to make room for the remaining students. Parking can be found behind JPAC, Maddox Hall, SPEC and Tollett Hall.
Where’s the best place to go if I forgot things or need to buy supplies?
In Arkadelphia the best places to go for supplies are Walmart Supercenter, Walgreens or Brookshire’s Grocery.
Where do I get my student ID if I don’t already have one?
The Student Development office will be open and available to help you with your student ID. You can find it on the main floor of the Student Center around the corner from the Dr. Jacks stage.
Where do I get my parking permit? Campus Safety will be distributing and applying parking permits during Move-in.
Will Ouachita Commons (the cafeteria) be open? Sorting through this at the moment.
Will Chick-fil-A be open? Yes! (not finalized, but hopefully so)
- Pack as much of your things as you can into boxes, baskets, or shelves/drawers that can be taped or sealed shut.
- Write your room number and residence hall initials (e.g., Frances-Crawford West = FCW) on all of your belongings.
- You will receive instructions once on campus regarding parking your vehicle.
- Once your car is unloaded, follow directions for moving your car and making a space for the next shift of move-in appointments.
- Visit the Campus Housing website for more information about residence life at Ouachita.
- Click here for suggestions on what to bring with you to campus.
NOT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT AT MOVE-IN?
Check out this video to get a glimpse into what Move-In typically looks like.