Become a Tutor
New Tutor Recruitment is held every Spring. We encourage you to prayerfully consider applying to join the tutoring team.
We will be accepting applications from Monday, March 1 through Wednesday, March 17.
Interest meetings will be held:
Thursday, March 4 at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, March 10 at 4 p.m.
Do you have a passion and knowledge for your subject area?
Do you have a desire to guide and navigate others towards a better understanding of how to become a successful student?
We are looking for people like you.
Tutors must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Must have already completed course(s) in the subject(s) you will tutor
- Must have obtained the academic level of a second semester freshman
- Must provide (at minimum) 2 faculty references
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
- Knowledge of the content area being tutored
- Ability to work well with small groups and one-on-one sessions with student(s)
- Ability to communicate well with other Academic Success staff members, students, and faculty members
- Ability to serve as a positive role model by exercising and sharing skills in time
management, professionalism, and study habits
What You Get In Return:
- A chance to share your passion for your subject and see others succeed
- Relevant training
- A good hourly rate ($11 per hour – do not have to be WorkStudy eligible)
- Opportunity to earn TranServe hours
Accepting Applications in the Following Subject Areas:
Business, Natural Science (Science and/or Math), Social Scienes (Psychology, History and/or Government), Humanities (Communications and/or English) and Christian Studies.
For Additional Information:
Please visit the Academic Success Center, Lile Suite 122, for more information or to return your Application Packet. You may also contact Lyndi Greenwich at 870-245-4286 or email@example.com.