New Tutor Recruitment is held every Spring. We encourage you to prayerfully consider applying to join the tutoring team and watch for updates in the Spring of 2019.
Do you have a passion and knowledge for your subject area?
Do you have a desire to guide and navigate others towards a better understanding of how to become a successful student?
We are looking for people like you.
Academic Success Tutoring is students-helping-students, and we pride ourselves on being able to offer Ouachita’s students free one-on-one, small group, and walk-in lab academic assistance with their courses.
Tutors must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.5
- Must have already completed course(s) in the subject(s) you will tutor
- Must have obtained the academic level of a second semester freshman
- Must provide (at minimum) 2 faculty references
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
- Knowledge of the content area being tutored
- Ability to work well with small groups and one-on-one sessions with student(s)
- Ability to communicate well with other Academic Success tutors, students, and faculty members
- Ability to serve as a positive role model by exercising and sharing skills in time management, professionalism, and study habits
What You Get In Return:
- A chance to share your passion for your subject and see others succeed
- Relevant training
- A good hourly rate ($8.50 per hour – do not have to be WorkStudy eligible)
- Opportunity to earn TranServe hours
Accepting Applications in the Following Subject Areas:
- A list of needed subject areas will post upon the opening of Spring 2019 Tutor Recruitment.
For Additional Information:
Please visit the Academic Success Center, Lile Suite 122, for more information or to return your Application Packet. You may also contact Amber Goodrum at 245-4286 or email@example.com