The Academic Success Center is accepting applications for tutors for the Fall 2018 semester. Applications due by 5:00 p.m., March 16, 2018.
Consider attending a New Tutor Interest Meeting:
Monday, March 5, 2018, at 8:00 p.m. — Lile 330
Thursday, March 15, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. — Lile 330
Do you have a passion and knowledge for your subject area?
Do you have a desire to guide and navigate others towards a better understanding of how to become a successful student?
We are looking for people like you.
Academic Success Tutoring is students-helping-students, and we pride ourselves on being able to offer Ouachita’s students free one-on-one, small group, and walk-in lab academic assistance with their courses.
Tutors must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.5
- Must have already completed course(s) in the subject(s) you will tutor
- Must have obtained the academic level of a second semester freshman
- Must provide (at minimum) 2 faculty references
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
- Knowledge of the content area being tutored
- Ability to work well with small groups and one-on-one sessions with student(s)
- Ability to communicate well with other Academic Success tutors, students, and faculty members
- Ability to serve as a positive role model by exercising and sharing skills in time management, professionalism, and study habits
What You Get In Return:
- A chance to share your passion for your subject and see others succeed
- Relevant training
- A good hourly rate ($8.50 per hour – do not have to be WorkStudy eligible)
- Opportunity to earn TranServe hours
Accepting Applications in the Following Subject Areas:
- Biblical Studies/Christian Studies – Bible Survey, Bible Interpretation, Exegesis, Philosophy
- Business Core – (Accounting Major and/or Business Administration Major Required)
- Mass Communications – (Major Preferred)
- Math – (Major Preferred) Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Math for the Liberal Arts,Calculus 1 & 2, Elem. Stats
- Psychology – (Major Required)
- Sciences – (Major Required) Scientific Inquiry & Scientific Connections, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- General CORE subjects
For Additional Information:
Please visit the Academic Success Center, Lile Suite 122, for more information or to return your Application Packet. You may also contact Amber Goodrum at 245-4286 or email@example.com