Hello! My name is Emily Cooper and I started in July as Ouachita’s new assistant archivist and weekend supervisor. I am absolutely loving being a part of the library team. Here are a few things you should know about me and what I do in the library.
1. I graduated from Ouachita in May 2018 with a BA in sociology and a minor in psychology.
2. Russellville, Ark., is my hometown.
3. Extracurricular involvement at Ouachita: OSF, Marching Band, Wind Ensemble, Sigma Alpha Iota and Peake Partnership.
4. I worked in the Admissions Office as a telecounselor while attending OBU.
5. I am pursuing my Master’s degree in Library Sciences at Texas Woman’s University.
6. Reading is my number one hobby (I’ve read 57 books so far this year!).
7. My dog’s name is Winnie, after both Winnie the Pooh and Winnie from Tuck Everlasting.
8. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
9. I am currently working on reorganizing ALL of Ouachita’s archived photographs.
10. My favorite movie of all time is Beetlejuice.
Well, there you have it. I’m now (informally) introduced to all of you! If you’re interested in the history of our university or Clark County, the archives should be your first stop, and I would love to help you out. I’m thrilled to be back at Ouachita in a different role and look forward to learning more about working in a library and more about our university while I’m here.
By Emily Cooper, a 2018 Ouachita graduate and serves as Ouachita’s archival assistant & weekend supervisor.
Do you have a story you’d like to tell on the Ouachita Voices blog? Or a friend who needs to tell a story on the blog? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea.
The Ouachita Voices blog is a place for the people of Ouachita to tell the stories of Ouachita. Lend your voice to the conversation. Submit your ideas to email@example.com.