Applying to Ouachita
Ouachita is ready to invest in you. Check out the individualized information and applications for each type of Ouachita student below, and feel free to contact your admissions counselor if you have any questions. We would love to help you through the process and ultimately welcome you to the Ouachita family!
- On-campus undergraduate: For students seeking a bachelor’s degree on our residential campus
- Online undergraduate: For students seeking a bachelor’s degree with the flexibility of taking classes online from anywhere
- Graduate: For students with a bachelor’s degree (or in their final year of college) seeking a graduate degree or certification.
The college application process can be a daunting task, but we’re here to help. If you’d like to talk to someone before beginning your application for one of our on-campus undergraduate degrees, we encourage you to contact your admissions counselor. When you are ready, follow these steps for our free application with no essay! For transfers, international students and missionary & third culture kids, see the additional information below.
2.Submit your official high school transcript. Have your school counselor send it to us at Ouachita Baptist University, 410 Ouachita Street, Arkadelphia, AR, 71998.
3.Submit other academic records as needed. – Ouachita now has three pathways to acceptance: GPA, class rank or standardized test score. See details below.
- Earn a minimum high school Grade Point Average of 3.0, OR
- Rank in the top half of their high school graduating class, OR
- Score a minimum ACT of 20 or SAT (without writing) of 1030 (Superscores accepted!)
2.0-2.99 GPA and 17-19 ACT (920-1020 SAT) scores can be considered for conditional admittance with a required recommendation letter.
The college application process can be a daunting task, but we’re here to help. If you’d like to talk to someone before beginning your application for one of our online undergraduate degrees, we encourage you to contact your admissions counselor. When you are ready, follow these steps to complete our free application – no essay required!
2.Submit your official transcripts. For students with fewer than 12 hours of college credit, submit your official high school transcript. For students with 12 hours of college credit or more, submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Request your schools to send official transcripts to Ouachita Baptist University, 410 Ouachita Street, Box 3757, Arkadelphia, AR 71998.
3.Review the academic admission requirements listed below and submit any additional documents as needed. Feel free to reach out to your admissions counselor with any questions!
Students who have earned fewer than 12 hours of college credit must have a high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.750 on a 4.000 scale.
Students with at least 12 hours of college credit need a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.000 for all colleges attended.
When you are ready to continue your education beyond a bachelor’s degree, we are here to help! If you’d like to talk to someone before beginning your application for one of our graduate degrees, we encourage you to contact your admissions counselor. When you are ready, follow these steps!
Apply for admission. To finalize and submit your application, please complete all fields and pay the $40 application fee. (If you are an international student, please contact Ouachita before applying.)
2.Submit your official, final transcript from the university where your degree was conferred. If currently enrolled as an undergraduate, you may send an up-to-date, unofficial copy of your transcript to be considered for admission; and if admitted, an official final transcript will be required. Students may also submit a copy of an unofficial transcript for each institution attended that did not confer a degree.
3.Submit other required documents. General graduate admission requirements are listed below. However, each of our graduate programs has its own unique admission requirements as well. For more information, visit each program’s webpage.
General Graduate Admission Requirements
Ouachita Baptist University General Graduate Admissions Requirements:
- Conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- 2.5 minimum GPA on a 4.0 scale (individual programs will delineate more specifics)
- Completed application, which includes a personal statement
- Three references
- Minimum English proficiency requirements for international students are as follows:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
At least 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)
At least 550 on the paper-based TOEFL
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
At least a 6.5 on the IELTS exam
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
If you are one of the following types of students, check out additional information below:
If you are planning to transfer from another college or university, fill out our simple admission application and submit your official transcript(s) from the previous colleges and universities you have attended. Please have them sent to Ouachita Baptist University, 410 Ouachita Street, Arkadelphia, AR, 71998.
Those who wish to transfer to Ouachita should apply for admission as transfer students and supply catalogs from college(s) in which you are currently enrolled. Transfer students may be admitted only if they are eligible to return to the institution from which they came. They must declare all colleges and universities attended in the past.
For additional information regarding admission of transfer students and for the transferability of coursework from other institutions, contact our registrar at 870-245-5578.
We at Ouachita understand the challenges of the college search for the homeschool family. Your admissions counselor is ready for any questions you may have, and looks forward to walking you through the application and financial aid process. Homeschool students excel at Ouachita, and we’re confident you’ll love it, too. Here are some reasons why:
- Small class sizes. Our average class size is 18.
- Caring professors. Our professors know their students and thrive on the opportunity to teach. At Ouachita, it’s all about the student educational experience.
- Top-notch first-year experience. Your first year at Ouachita will walk you through the transition from home to college with many check-points along the way to make sure you are acclimating to life at OBU.
- Academic Success Center. The ASC is a great resource throughout the year as students become accustomed to the difference between the home and the classroom.
Ouachita has a rich history of welcoming to campus missionary and third culture kids from around the world. We also have an outstanding track record of preparing future missionaries for work in the field. In fact, Ouachita is one of the top universities in the world preparing missionaries to serve with the Southern Baptist Convention’s International Mission Board. Also, as a gesture of Ouachita’s commitment to supporting the work of missionaries, we offer tuition discounts specifically for the children of missionaries who work with the Southern Baptist Convention International Mission Board as well as other evangelical organizations.
There are many ways for new students to get involved on campus, and we strive to provide an extra layer of TLC for MKs and TCKs as they make the transition to college through the Grant Center for International Education and International Club student organization. Plus, Ouachita has programs to help all students transition to college life. We hope that Ouachita will become your “home away from home” where you’re challenged to grow – academically, spiritually and personally.
GET IN TOUCH
Have a question about Ouachita? Want more information? Shoot us a message!