The division of Student Development seeks to foster student development within the context of the university’s mission statement, while serving students in a manner consistent with the example of Jesus Christ and our calling as Christians.
Primary Goals of Student Development
- To promote the growth of the whole person intellectually, physically, spiritually, and socially;
- To assist students in connecting with the university community;
- To enhance the overall quality of the student life experience at Ouachita;
- To provide assistance to students in need or crisis;
- To increase understanding of the developmental needs of students;
- To foster a community characterized by respect for the institution, for others, and for oneself;
- To promote Christian ideals and character through emphasizing integrity, personal responsibility, and accountability;
- To provide essential services in support of the primary academic function of the university; and,
- To support the efforts of all students to earn a degree.
Student Development Seven Program Areas
- Campus Safety & Emergency Management