Graduate & Professional Studies
Graduate and Professional Studies at Ouachita seek to be a source of ongoing intellectual
and spiritual growth for those pursuing lifelong learning or career advancement. Ouachita
fosters community through relationships with classmates and professors in all learning
environments. Through innovative modalities, fields and approaches, these programs
combine the very best of Ouachita’s more than 130 years of Christ-centered learning
with meeting the ongoing and changing needs of the work force.
#1 "Best Value" College in Arkansas by Niche.com
#2 "Regional College in the South" by U.S. News & World Report
Career Outcomes/Placement Rate for Graduates
#1 Satisfaction Rate in Ark., LA, & Texas by CollegeConsenus.com
“Ouachita will offer exemplary academic programs at reasonable prices from a place where community is fostered through relationships with classmates and professors. We desire for others beyond the traditional undergraduate population to have the Ouachita experience, becoming part of our family.”
Associate Vice President for Graduate and Professional Studies
CURRENT GRADUATE PROGRAMS
Master of Science degree
- Low-residency: Online course work with 1-week on-campus intensive and in-person field experience with clinical partners
- 15 months to complete
- Applications open on September 1, 2020 for enrollment starting in May 2021
Learn More at obu.edu/aba.
- Arkadelphia-based: On-campus and online course work plus in-person practice hours with regional clinical partners
- 9 months to complete
- Applications for August 2021 will open in Fall 2020
APPLICATION & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
These preliminary admissions requirements are university-wide. Each graduate program will have additional requirements. Please review the program-specific requirements on the webpage of your desired program.
Ouachita Baptist University General Graduate Admissions Requirements:
- Conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- 2.5 minimum GPA on a 4.0 scale (individual programs will delineate more specifics)
- Completed application, which includes a personal statement
- Three references
- Minimum English proficiency requirements for international students are as follows:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
At least 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)
At least 550 on the paper-based TOEFL
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
At least a 6.5 on the IELTS exam
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
At this time, we are not approved by SEVIS to accept international students. However, we plan to apply and be approved to issue I-20s to international students at some time in the future.
The State of Arkansas and Ouachita Baptist University requires students to show proof of immunity for MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella). Ouachita Baptist University must receive an immunization record that includes the MMR vaccinations. For more information please click here.
OUACHITA LIFELONG LEARNING INSTITUTE
Ouachita also offers non-credit courses as a place of ongoing intellectual and spiritual growth for non-degree-seeking learners. Check out our current offerings below.
Do you struggle to keep up with your spending each month? Are you ready to start investing but don’t know where to start? Would you like a better understanding of your company health insurance and 401(k)? Reduce your financial anxiety and become a better steward as you learn to apply basic money management skills to your personal situation.
While the foundational principles are relevant for everyone, primary content areas are designed to address the needs of young adults and families. Specifically, you’ll learn to:
- Explore how goals and values shape your financial decisions
- Develop a budget and understand the importance of managing your cash flow
- Manage credit and design a debt repayment plan
- Review the primary types of insurance and how they function in managing risk
- Understand broad categories of investments and their role within a portfolio
- Plan for retirement and perform simple calculations to see if you’re on track
Rooted in a Biblical perspective of money, the course combines narrated powerpoint videos with opportunities for hands-on application. Join us for this six-session, self-paced, online course and become a better steward of your financial resources.
- Registration: Now open and closes May 27
- Course runs: June 1 – July 31
- Format: Fully online
- Cost: Free
Email Dr. Chris Brune for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Instructor
Chris Brune, Ph.D., CFP® is an Associate Professor of Finance in the Hickingbotham School of Business, where he also serves as chair of the Accounting and Finance Department. A Ouachita alumnus, Dr. Brune has ten years of experience in the financial services industry. Since his return to Ouachita in 2009, Brune has taught classes in Personal Finance, Investments, Insurance, Corporate Finance, and Small Business. He is also the faculty advisor for the Eddie and Phyllis Ary Student Investment Fund, a stock portfolio of approximately $1.4 million of university endowment funds managed by senior finance students.
Pandemic Profiles: Randall Quillin, Building Services Supervisor
Ouachita to host "Unseen Imprints" exhibit by guest artist Trinity Kai through Dec. 11
Bayless to present senior voice recital at Ouachita Oct. 30
Burer to perform senior trombone recital at Ouachita Oct. 30
Ouachita Department of Theatre Arts to present "Hay Fever" Nov. 4-8
GET IN TOUCH
Have a question about Ouachita? Want more information? Shoot our Graduate and Professional Studies team a message!