Follow the instructions presented below to begin using Zoom.
If you encounter other questions please refer to the following avenues of support.
Starting or joining Zoom meetings
You can start or join Zoom meetings using any of the following methods. Begin by choosing a primary method for using Zoom to get started.
- Sign in as an instructor, go to the course, and turn on editing in the course.
2. Add an activity to the course.
3. Choose External tool
4. On the “adding a new External tool” page, choose the existing Zoom Video Conferencing (or whatever you named the tool) and save the setting.
5. Click **Save and return to course **
After saving the configuration, the instructor can click the activity to launch Zoom LTI Pro.
With Zoom LTI Pro, the instructor can schedule course meetings and view their meeting list. The students will be able to view the meetings that are scheduled for the specific course.
- Download the Zoom client for meetings. (For faculty/staff computers on campus, the Desktop app should already appear as an icon on the desktop.) Choose to Sign in with SSO and use your OBU email username and password to sign in. Type OBU when asked for the company domain. (See images below)
- Start or join a meeting using a desktop app
Web browser (works best in Chrome)
- Log in to obu.zoom.us. Use your OBU email username and password to sign in.
- Start or join a meeting using a web browser
Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app (App Store, Google Play). Be sure to sign in with SSO. Use your OBU email username and password to sign in. Type OBU when asked for the company domain. (See images below)
If you need to set up a webcam view Setting up a desktop webcam When prompted, log in with your OBU email and username to see the video