Department of Psychology
Prepare students for graduate study as well as provide a strong supporting area for individuals majoring in religion, sociology, teacher education, philosophy, pre-medical studies, and other social service areas.
- Develop the knowledge, background, and skills needed to...
- Appreciate the diverse theoretical approaches in psychology;
- Understand, compute, and appropriately use basic statistical techniques;
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various research designs.
- Learn to communicate professional information in verbal or written form
- Behave as students of the discipline in light of disciplinary ethical guidelines.
Specific: Knowledge of...
- Biological basis of behavior and experience;
- Cognitive and affective basis of behavior and experience;
- Developmental and social basis of behavior and experience; and
- Abnormal processes related to behavior and experience.