Tiger Success Summer Bridge Program
May 25-June 20, 2024
Ouachita will equip you for the transition to college
First-time freshmen who need an educational boost can find it through the Tiger Success Bridge. This 4-week academic enrichment and leadership development program provides an opportunity for a seamless transition before your first semester of college begins. Students in the Bridge program can complete up to six college credit hours during the summer while preparing for new experiences ahead through tutoring, study-skills development and peer mentoring.
Priority deadline to apply for Tiger Success Summer Bridge is March 15, 2024.
Tiger Success Bridge Course Schedule Summer 2024
CLASS DATES: MAY 27 - JUNE 19
Campus Partner Workshop Speakers 2023
What is the cost?
The program requires a $50 registration fee, and students will need to purchase textbooks for their Bridge courses. After applicants are accepted for the Bridge program, they will be required to begin making payments for the fall semester. These payments will be applied to their Fall 2024 bill.
Students will work with a Financial Aid Counselor in Student Financial Services to determine these payments.
Who is eligible to attend?
- First-generation college students
- Students who identify as persons of color
- Students in the Tiger Success Program
Students who are required to take more than one ASKL course are also required to participate in the Tiger Success Program.
What kinds of courses are offered?
- Bible Survey
- Bridge Seminar
- Composition I
- Contemporary World
- Fundamentals of Reading
- Health and Safety
- Introduction to Problem Solving
How does the program benefit me?
- Receive up to six college credit hours for attending.
- Find your way around campus and get a taste of college life before school officially starts.
- Receive an overview of resources available campus wide.
- Get to know other first-year students — as well as Ouachita faculty, staff and student leaders — before the semester begins.
- Gain knowledge and skills needed in order to survive and thrive as a freshman.
- Work with tutors to set up a study schedule and success plan.
How do I apply?
- Complete an application to the program by clicking the “Apply Now” button above.
- Note: You will need to login using your Admit Portal credentials to complete the application.
- Submit any current ACT, SAT or other placement scores you have.
- Complete the MPI math placement test if you do not have other placement test scores. Priority deadline for completing the MPI placement test is March 1, 2024.
- Complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA and meet with a Financial Aid Counselor. Contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 870-245-5570.
- Check your email regularly for a message about your acceptance status.
When is Bridge?
- Move-in is May 25, 2024, from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Classes will be held from May 27-June 19, 2024.
- Move-out is June 20, 2024, from 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
How do I learn more about Bridge?
- Attend our virtual OuachiTalk event on Jan. 16, 2024. Ask your admissions counselor how to join!
- Contact Cassi Maxwell at email@example.com or 870-245-4286.