Tiger Success Bridge Program
OUACHITA WILL EQUIP YOU FOR THE TRANSITION TO COLLEGEFirst-time freshmen who need an educational boost can find it through the Tiger Success Bridge. This 3-week academic enrichment and leadership development program provides an opportunity for a seamless transition before your first semester of college begins. Students in the Bridge program can complete up to six college credit hours during the summer while preparing for new experiences ahead through tutoring, study-skills development and peer mentoring.
Registration for Tiger Success Summer Bridge ends March 17, 2023.
Tiger Success Bridge Course Schedule Summer 2023
CLASS DATES: JULY 6 - 29
Tiger Success Bridge Textbooks 2023
The following is the price list of textbooks sold at the Ouachita Baptist University Bookstore as of May 2022. Please contact the Bookstore at 870-245-5298 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Campus Partner Workshop Speakers 2023
WHAT IS THE COST?
Tuition, room and board are FREE — which means a savings of up to $4,500! Students are only required to pay a $50 registration fee and to purchase their books.
Students may see a charge on their account balance, however a scholarship will be applied which will cover the tuition, room and board costs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND?
- First-generation college students
- Students who identify as persons of color
- Students in the Tiger Success Program
Students who are required to take more than one ASKL course are also required to participate in the Tiger Success Program.
WHAT KINDS OF COURSES ARE OFFERED?
- Bible Survey
- Bridge Seminar
- Composition I
- Contemporary World
- Fundamentals of Reading
- Health and Safety
- Introduction to Problem Solving
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM BENEFIT ME?
- Receive up to six college credit hours for attending.
- Find your way around campus and get a taste of college life before school officially starts.
- Receive an overview of resources available campus wide.
- Get to know other first-year students — as well as Ouachita faculty, staff and student leaders — before the semester begins.
- Gain knowledge and skills needed in order to survive and thrive as a freshman.
- Work with tutors to set up a study schedule and success plan.