Mission & Goals
The Department of Theatre Arts seeks to provide undergraduate students with opportunities
to explore theatre as a significant force in history and culture while providing a
broad range of theatre experiences that prepare students and help them find their
place in the field of theatre arts. A regular season of diverse drama forms provides
practical application of course content and is highly dependent on student participation
in areas that include performing, directing, playwriting, technical direction and
design. Particular attention is given to the critical nature of the collaborative
process in theatre as an expressive art.
Department of Theatre Core Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will regularly contribute to the public performance of theatre in a broad range of production areas.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of and competence in the processes of creating theatrical productions
- Students will develop a working knowledge of the historical and cultural impact of the theatre arts.
- Students will be able to make thoughtful and informed assessments regarding works of theatre art.
- Students will develop a personal aesthetic and a structured approach to creating work in the theatre.
- Students will demonstrate competence related to a chosen emphasis within the theatre arts.