FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Assistant Professor of Biology, Tenure Track
The Department of Biology at Ouachita Baptist University invites applications for an entry-level, tenure-track position beginning Fall, 2021. Ph.D. in any biological field required. Ideal candidates should demonstrate a background in biomedical sciences, though any innovative candidate with a strong interest in teaching undergraduates using course-embedded research experiences will be considered. Furthermore, the ideal candidate is expected to embrace inclusive pedagogy techniques intended to attract and retain a diverse student population. The candidate’s primary teaching load will consist of Anatomy and Physiology, Histology, and a non-majors science course. A successful candidate will show aptitude and inclination for engaging undergraduates in research, both through individual mentored research as well as course-embedded undergraduate research experiences (CUREs). Start-up funds may be available, contingent on grant funding. Ouachita Baptist University is located in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, and is a private liberal arts institution dedicated to undergraduate instruction. The job entails a collegial commitment to professional, university, and community service as well as advising students and supporting the institution’s Christian mission; see the University’s vision, mission, and values statements. Review of applications will begin January 19, 2021. Candidates from under-represented minorities are encouraged to apply. Ouachita Baptist University embraces Equal Opportunity and seeks to develop a diverse faculty for the benefit of our students. Interested individuals should submit a letter of application describing how your expertise will enhance our department, a statement of research interests including how your interests will be incorporated into an undergraduate research program, a statement of teaching philosophy highlighting inclusive pedagogy and evidence of teaching effectiveness, a curriculum vitae including a list of three references, and graduate transcripts at obu.edu/biology/hiring. For more information, contact Dr. Jim Taylor, Chair, Biology Faculty Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Ouachita Baptist University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Mathematics to begin August 2021. A PhD in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics Education, or a related mathematical science is required. All qualified candidates will be considered, but special attention will be given to those candidates who specialize in or have an interest in applied mathematics, statistics, data science, or the preparation of mathematics teachers. The successful candidate will exhibit excellent teaching in the context of a liberal arts education, a collegial commitment to professional, university, and community service, and Christian commitment consistent with the mission of the University.
A liberal arts university associated with the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, Ouachita is located in Arkadelphia, a two-college town on Interstate 30 in southwest Arkansas. Arkadelphia is only minutes away from Lake DeGray and the beautiful Ouachita National Forest. Historic Hot Springs National Park and Little Rock are each less than an hour away.
Applications will be reviewed beginning January 11, 2021, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Candidates from under-represented minorities are encouraged to apply. Ouachita Baptist University embraces Equal Opportunity and seeks to develop a diverse faculty for the benefit of our students and community. Interested individuals should submit a letter of application describing how your expertise will enhance our department, a statement of teaching philosophy highlighting evidence of teaching effectiveness, a curriculum vitae, three reference letters, and graduate transcripts at mathjobs.org.
For more information, contact Dr. Jeffery Sykes, Chair, Mathematics Faculty Search Committee at email@example.com.
The Office of Communications & Marketing and Rogers Department of Communications seek applications for a Videographer & Lecturer.
Creates and coordinates professional video content for the Office of Communications and Marketing to support Ouachita’s video communication needs and student recruitment strategy, and serves as a non-tenure track faculty member in the Rogers Department of Communications.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, must pursue Master’s degree in communications or related area, and be enrolled and maintain persistence in the program at the time of employment
- A minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience
- Serves as primary university videographer and editor for all video content creation, coordination and management within the Office of Communications & Marketing.
- Works with the OCM team to develop and execute concepts for strategic, video projects.
- Manages and archives video assets for university access, including Vimeo, YouTube and Livestream.
- Aligns marketing content with the university’s mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
- Manages university studio spaces and equipment, including leadership in recommending and acquiring needed equipment within budget constraints.
- Supervises and mentors video work study and practicum students.
- Teaches six hours per semester including courses in Video Production and the Visual Media & Film emphasis
- Advises students in academic counseling, upon completion of master’s degree
- Serves on university committees, upon completion of master’s degree
- Assists with the recruitment of prospective students
Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in video production and editing techniques and practices.
- Expertise in technical video equipment, software, lighting and audio.
- Expertise in video conceptualization, planning and coordination.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to effectively teach video skills and curriculum content to students.
- Ability to work with department faculty in strengthening curriculum and high-impact learning opportunities.
Open for discussion on either 9- or 12-month contract.
Please fill out this online application form with the required information.