Applications for staff positions at Ouachita Baptist University are always accepted. Once a vacancy has occurred, the department head, supervisor or director will consider all qualified applicants. Interviews will follow based on skills, qualifications and references of the prospective employee as provided on their individual application. All applications are kept on file for six months. Download the staff application and return completed applications to:
410 Ouachita Street, OBU Box 3772
Arkadelphia, AR 71998-0001
Employment Opportunities – Staff
The Office of Communications & Marketing and Rogers Department of Communications seek applications for a Videographer & Lecturer.
Creates and coordinates professional video content for the Office of Communications and Marketing to support Ouachita’s video communication needs and student recruitment strategy, and serves as a non-tenure track faculty member in the Rogers Department of Communications.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, must pursue Master’s degree in communications or related area, and be enrolled and maintain persistence in the program at the time of employment
- A minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience
- Serves as primary university videographer and editor for all video content creation, coordination and management within the Office of Communications & Marketing.
- Works with the OCM team to develop and execute concepts for strategic, video projects.
- Manages and archives video assets for university access, including Vimeo, YouTube and Livestream.
- Aligns marketing content with the university’s mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
- Manages university studio spaces and equipment, including leadership in recommending and acquiring needed equipment within budget constraints.
- Supervises and mentors video work study and practicum students.
- Teaches six hours per semester including courses in Video Production and the Visual Media & Film emphasis
- Advises students in academic counseling, upon completion of master’s degree
- Serves on university committees, upon completion of master’s degree
- Assists with the recruitment of prospective students
Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in video production and editing techniques and practices.
- Expertise in technical video equipment, software, lighting and audio.
- Expertise in video conceptualization, planning and coordination.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to effectively teach video skills and curriculum content to students.
- Ability to work with department faculty in strengthening curriculum and high-impact learning opportunities.
Open for discussion on either 9- or 12-month contract.
Please fill out this online application form with the required information.