Applications for staff positions at Ouachita Baptist University are always accepted. Once a vacancy has occurred, the department head, supervisor or director will consider all qualified applicants. Interviews will follow based on skills, qualifications and references of the prospective employee as provided on their individual application. All applications are kept on file for six months. Download the staff application and return completed applications to:
410 Ouachita Street, OBU Box 3772
Arkadelphia, AR 71998-0001
Employment Opportunities – Staff
Title: Director of Multicultural Student Programs
Reports to: Vice President for Community and Intercultural Engagement
Position Summary: Ouachita Baptist University seeks applicants for the position of Director of Multicultural Student Programs. The director will be responsible for designing and cultivating a positive, enriching atmosphere for all students of color. This will include providing a holistic approach inclusive of spiritual, academic, and relational support through programming and mentorship. The director will engage students of color while overseeing all planned events and activities. The role of director will require it to be a twelve-month, full-time position.
Minimum Qualifications: A master’s degree is required and a minimum of five years of experience in programs related to supporting racial diversity, greater opportunity and a sense of belonging in higher education or similarly complex for-profit or non-profit organization(s); identify with and affirm the Christian higher education vision, mission and values of the university; competence in utilizing data-driven strategies to assess and evaluate programs and services, focusing on improvement; excellent communication skills, including the ability to facilitate complex and constructive dialogues, build consensus on initiatives and issues. The director must have the ability to work non-traditional hours to support evening and weekend programming needs. The successful candidate must be skilled in listening well and possess the ability to build a strong rapport within the university and the local community.
- Design an office and programs to increase students of color satisfaction level with the Ouachita education and experience so that it will be comparable to or greater than the overall level for the university.
- Develop, implement and sustain the mission, vision and values that will guide the work of the unit and engage and inform the Ouachita community concerning matters of racial diversity, greater opportunity and a sense of belonging.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive tutorial program that will result in program participants either matching or exceeding the overall university rates in retention, progress towards completion, graduation and placement in careers.
- Develop practical tools, models and resources for Multicultural Student Programs planning and advancement that can be extended to other units and departments on campuses to support and enhance university-wide capacity and practices.
- Collaborate with the Student Financial Services Office to develop practices ensuring the debt level of students of color trends towards equaling that of the university rate in general.
- In concert with the vice president and other key personnel, develop semester and annual goals to impact the total enrollment of students of color to be maintained, if not increased.
- Collaborate with other offices to ensure the participation of students in internships, university programs, and high-impact learning opportunities.
- Provide oversight for recruiting and tracking mentees in the Soul to Soul Mentorship Program that has been designed to increase engagement between alumni and students of color.
- Serve as chair of the Multicultural Advisory Board, which will assist in guiding the Multicultural Student Programs in events and activities that will result in a growing level of satisfaction with the university by program participants.
- Serve as senior advisor for the campus multicultural organizations.
- Oversee campus-wide heritage month celebrations.
- Support the entire campus in having greater ownership and engagement in racial diversity, greater opportunity, and a sense of belonging work.
- Maintain the website and social media for Multicultural Student Programs.
- Design and administer surveys to analyze student needs, interests, and outcomes on program satisfaction.
The review of application packets will begin on July 16 and continue until the position is filled.