Accreditations and Memberships
Academic accreditation plays a vital role in colleges and universities maintaining
and strengthening quality academic standards and practices. Ouachita Baptist University
was first accredited by the Higher Learning Commission in 1927 and has held continuous accreditation since 1953.
Ouachita’s accreditation most recently was reaffirmed by the Higher Learning Commission in 2018 following an in-depth three-year self-study by university faculty and staff. One key aspect of that study was the adoption of Ouachita’s Vision, Mission and Values Statement which affirms, in part, that “Ouachita Baptist University is a Christ-centered learning community. Embracing the liberal arts tradition, the university prepares individuals for ongoing intellectual and spiritual growth, lives of meaningful work and reasoned engagement with the world.”
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Save the date! Public notice of upcoming accreditation review visit by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Ouachita Baptist University Department of Nursing, 410 Ouachita Street, Arkadelphia, Arkansas, wishes to announce that it will host a virtual site visit for initial accreditation of its Bachelor of Science Nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
You are invited to meet with the site visit team and share your comments about the program at a virtual meeting scheduled Wednesday, September 23, 2020, from 11-11:30 a.m. using the link https://www.gotomeet.me/acen053 and password "cwkSa6ZY".
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road Northeast, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting written comments to ACEN was September 7, 2020.
Within the university, the following schools and programs have earned additional accreditation:
- Didactic Dietetic Program (Patterson School of Natural Sciences): Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Division of Music (School of Fine Arts): National Association of Schools of Music
- Hickingbotham School of Business: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Teacher Education Program (Huckabee School of Education): Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
The university also is a member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Consortium for Global Education (CGE)
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU)
- Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Great American Conference (GAC)
- International Association of Baptist Colleges and Universities (IABCU)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA, Division II)
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)