CM Fall Retreat
The Campus Ministries Fall Retreat happens every year the first weekend after classes. It's a great way to focus yourself spiritually at the beginning of the semester, to take a brief pause after the busyness of move-in, and to learn about ways to grow spiritually and serve others during the year.
This year's theme is "Living Hope" from 1 Peter 1:3: "In his great mercy he has given
us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the
dead." The retreat includes worship led by the Refuge band, guest speakers and breakout
sessions by Ouachita faculty & staff, and time to meet other students and ministry
leaders on campus.
COVID Update: Because of the rising number of cases and the limited space for large group gatherings
at Camp Paron, we have moved the retreat to the Ouachita campus. It will still include
worship, breakout sessions, and a game night with great door prizes. Students who
have already paid will be refunded the $30 fee, but will stay registered and previous
the t-shirt orders will remain the same.
When: August 27, 2021
Cost: Free (online registration needed) + optional $5 for a CM t-shirt
- A welcome from President Sells
- Main speaker: Jimmy Darby from FBC Arkadelphia
- Hannah Pilcher on God's Global Mission
- KaNeil Purifoy on Facing Anxiety with Hope
- Tyler and Anna Rosenthal on Dating in College
- Jared Farley on Sharing Hope with Unbelieving Friends
- A study of 1 Peter led by Life Group leaders
Send us a message if you have any questions.