FOOT Leader Application
- Applications will be taken April 3-21.
- RecLife staff will make decisions and let all applicants know the following week.
- There will be a leader training event Sunday, April 30, 8-9:30 p.m. It is highly recommended that you attend this event.
Qualifications for being a FOOT leader
- Have a growing relationship with Christ.
- Passionate about helping people feel included and introducing them to the community at Ouachita.
- Loves spending time outside and experiencing God and community in creation.
- There will be two sessions of FOOT. Below are the FOOT dates followed by specific
leader dates and times.
- Session 1: Aug. 6-9. Leaders arrive at 1 p.m., Aug. 5, and leave at 5 p.m., Aug. 9.
- Session 2: Aug. 9-12. Leaders arrive at 8 a.m., Aug. 9, and leave at 5 p.m., Aug. 12.
Duties of a FOOT leader
- Model the attitude and character of a responsible follower of Christ at Ouachita.
- Lead a small group of 8-12 Freshman students. These groups will discuss the topics from the days lesson, what it is like to be a Ouachita student, and much more.
- Interact with Freshman students, making everyone feel welcome and loved.
- Assist with the setting up of camp, leading games, etc.
- Join in the daily outdoor activities with the Freshman students.