Rec Life Mission
Ouachita Baptist University offers a full selection of intramural sport and outdoor recreation opportunities for the OBU community.
Recreational Life Mission Statement
Rec Life's mission is to cultivate and foster intellectual, spiritual, physical and social growth in a Christ-centered environment that utilizes extracurricular adventure and competitive recreation as transformational learning tools for spiritual formation. In order to accomplish this mission, recreational life has set forth the following goals:
- Provide transformational learning opportunities for students, staff and faculty to become more experienced in outdoor skills and become better stewards of God’s creation.
- Engage students in building relationships through team sport and group challenges.
- Foster social and character development through fun and competitive sports like flag-football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, softball.
- Challenge students in a variety of outdoor adventures like camping, mountain biking, canoeing, and rock climbing.
- Utilize outdoor adventures for spiritual formation programs and retreats.