Arkansas residents typically apply to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) in Conway. Out of state programs
have similar requirements. Please see the Health Professions Advisor for details.
Entry into doctoral programs in physical therapy require a bachelors degree and have
minimum pre-matriculation courses like those listed below for UCA. A pre-physical
therapy student usually majors in biology or athletic training education, but any
major is acceptable as long as the minimum requirements for physical therapy are met.
The Graduate Record Exam is also required.
Suggested Course Study to Meet Minimum Entry Requirements for UCA Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
*Please note that requirements of professional schools change, are posted on their websites, and often take effect immediately. Their requirements supersede OBU catalog listings.
Ouachita courses to meet UCA minimum pre-matriculation requirements
- General Biology I (4)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (4)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (4)
- Histology & Microtechniques (3)
- Additional upper level biology (7; no plant-based courses)
- General Chemistry I or Introductory Chemistry (4)
- General Chemistry II or Introductory Organic and Biological Chemistry (4)
- Introductory Physics I (4)
- Introductory Physics II (4)
- General Psychology (3)
- Psychology elective (3)
- Medical Terminology (2)
- Statistics (3)
Note: Thirty (30) of the 38 science hours must be completed at the time of application. A grade of C or better is required in all science courses.