The Interlibrary Loan Department locates and borrows materials from other libraries
to support Ouachita's research and curricular needs. ILLs for articles and small
portions of books are available to current OBU residential and distance learning students,
faculty, and staff. ILLs for entire books are available to current OBU residential
students, faculty, and staff. The department also loans books and scanned copies
of articles to libraries worldwide.
Before submitting an ILL request, please verify whether OBU or HSU has the item. OBU's Interlibrary Loan Department does not fill local patrons' requests for materials available at OBU or HSU.
- To check OBU's and HSU's book holdings, enter the book title here.
- To check OBU's journal holdings, enter the journal title here.
- To check HSU's journal holdings, enter the journal title here.
ILL requests should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of needing the items.
Borrowing materials from other institutions is a privilege that patrons must treat with respect. Lending institutions, not OBU, set due dates and other policies regarding their materials. Any renewal requests must be made at least five days in advance of the due date.
Failure to follow the lender's policies jeopardizes OBU's borrowing relationship with the lender. A borrower who fails to return ILL items by the due date may lose ILL privileges.
To request an item from another library, submit an ILL Request Form or send an email with your name, phone number, and a complete bibliographic citation.
Items found using Library Discovery may be requested online within the database.
The library provides limited no-cost interlibrary loans for OBU's current and emeriti faculty and current staff and students as follows:
- ILLs up to a maximum of 20 items per patron per semester (fall, spring, summer) are free; ILLs in excess of 20 will incur a minimum $2 cost-recovery fee per item.
- In those rare instances where the lending library imposes a fee, the library will cover the initial $5 per item for the first 20 items; the patron will be responsible for any amount above that figure.
- Patrons are financially responsible for loss, damage, and/or replacement costs invoiced by the lending library.
We accept requests for books and articles from other libraries by way of OCLC or e-mail. We do not accept requests from other libraries for non-circulating items, including: media items, microforms, periodicals, rare books, special collections, and theses. The loan period for books is 45 days with the option to renew up to 14 days. Charges for lost or damaged items will include the replacement cost plus a $10 processing fee.
OCLC Code: AKO