The library’s licensed electronic resources (databases and e-journals) are available
to current students, faculty, and staff.
When off-campus using a non-OBU network, access to these resources is provided through a proxy server. To connect, you must use the proxy-enabled links on the library's web site or one of the library's LibGuides.
To access the library's licensed resources when off campus:
- Go to the library's web site at https://obu.edu/library/ or a LibGuide at https://libguides.obu.edu/?b=g&d=a.
- Click on a database or e-journal resource.
- Enter your OBU username and password (ones used for OBU e-mail account) on the OBU login page.
- Search or browse the database or e-journal resource as needed.
- To access another licensed resource, use the browser's back arrow to navigate to it.
- To end the proxy session, close your browser.
If you have problems with off-campus access, make sure your browser software is up-to-date and able to accept cookies. Also, confirm that your network firewall settings allow access to the library’s web site.
Item Linking in Course Materials
Links to licensed resources in course documentation and on Moodle must connect to the library's proxy server. For assistance with creating proxy-enabled links, contact Margaret Reed, electronic resources/periodicals librarian.
Contact Margaret Reed, electronic resources/periodicals librarian.