Department of Education: Our Mission
To provide the curriculum and the environment that will prepare future teachers who:
- Are student-centered and see teaching as ministry;
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and dispositions for effectively educating all students;
- Are life-long learners involved in their disciplines and professional development.
At OBU this happens in the context of a Christ-centered community.
Student Learning Objectives
- Creates –The teacher creates and uses curriculum appropriate to all students planning content, and assessments that align with clear course objectives.
- Cares – The teacher exhibits caring human relation skills that support the development of human potential.
- Communicates – The teacher communicates expectations to students, families and colleagues.
- Collaborates – The teacher engages collaboratively with school colleagues, parents/guardians, and the community to support the learning and well-being of all students.